Thursday, November 8, 2007

Long Day at Doctors

Jacob was able to keep me company today during the tests. We started with the non stress test where they were able to determine that Emmi is still doing great. They did hear a little bit of a skip beat. It wasn't anything to be concerned about but something they just noted. They said that it could just be something that is normal for her but that the pediatrician would check her out further once she is born.

Then we hit lunch before heading back for an ultrasound. The ultrasound was done to determine that the amniotic fluid was still at good levels, which it was. Then the doctor did an internal check to determine that my cervix is still where it was when he checked me at 36 weeks. He also said her head is down but not down in the point of ready to come out.

I do have another non stress test scheduled for next Thursday and to see the doc again just to make sure things are still going well.

We then discussed induction again... We had our choice of next Wednesday or the 18th. We decided that since I am not having any issues then we would go the longer route to give my body more time to potentially kick start on it's own. If things don't change between now and then I would go in on that Sunday to get Cervidal to soften my cervix. Then the next morning they would start Pitocin. Not my desired route as I would be in the hospital my entire labor when I was hoping I would be able to stay at home as long as I could.

I have picked up some Evening Primrose Oil to start taking today to hopefully soften my cervix up. The doc didn't say if he thought it would help or not but he said it couldn't hurt if that was something I wanted to try.

To sum it all up, we are still in the waiting game since there is no magic ball that determines when she will be here. Even though my cervix isn't dilated and she isn't quite low enough does not mean that my body wont just kick into labor and it all get started. But we do know that at least we will not go after the 18th/19th.

No comments: