Friday, June 1, 2007

Ultrasound....






Here are the pics from today. I was amazed at the details of the skeletal structure. The baby is 7 ounces and is right on target for November 5th. The Ultrasound Tech was not able to determine the sex at first due to the baby having it's legs crunched up. After she took some pics and measurements, she had me crunch my legs into my chest while sitting so that it would get the baby to move. Sure enough it worked.
The box, which my friend at work Cindy wrapped up so nicely for us -- Thanks Cindy!!!--, is suppose to contain the picture of what we are having. We have decided to go to dinner at Sante here in Matthews tomorrow night. That is when we will open the box to reveal what we are having. Do we open it after we order, after the meal, after dessert, hmm? Check back later this weekend to find out what we will have. And get your vote in if you havent already.
I had done some research on child birthing classes. I thought I liked the Bradley Method and looked at taking a class. After talking to my doctor today that doesn't sound like it will be the best fit so we are not going with that approach anymore. It looks like we will take the normal hospital class but then look into hypnosis a bit more..... The type where if you drive from point a to point b and don't remember how you got there or..... The concept of being able to reach your sub conscious to help with child birthing. If anyone knows of any good books to recommend, please let me know.
I was also quite excited to find out I have only put on 10 pounds. That is in the range of what I should have put on by now. Yeah!!! With the eating I have done lately I was a little worried. Plus with Jacob out of town and then having a dinner of nachos, a baked potato, and a vanilla frosty last night.
Another big event of the day is that Kona turned 6. Happy Birthday Kona!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the ultrasound pictures! I'm so exicited to find out if you will be having a girl or a boy. Hope the dinner went well and you both are psyched about what you discovered about the sex of the baby!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! The picture amazes me too. There's a precious little baby in there :).

Melanie said...

Come on guys, it's Sunday night - what's the word?

Anonymous said...

Hi Taryn! Congratulations on your impending family expansion! I hope you will reconsider the Bradley Method for childbirth preparation - I have an excellent recommendation for you of an instructor who is very "balanced". Not knowing what your doctor said, (but knowing what they 'sometimes' say), if the method seems to suit YOU, give it another look. Remember who it is who's giving birth. I've lots of experience with this stuff - pro and con - and would be happy to talk with you if you want another viewpoint. Anyway, enjoying your blog!!
Bobbi
nurse-midwife diva!