I am officially half way through at 5 months or 20 weeks. Yeah. My belly is getting bigger but I still think I look like I put on weight opposed to being pregnant if I wear normal clothes. But I need to get this clothes thing figured out.
On Friday, I met my co-workers wife who is a week behind me. She was wearing a maternity top and pants because she said normal clothes just dont fit. Then Patti, the girl I rode bikes with who is 4 weeks ahead of me, was in majority maternity clothes by now too.... I began to think, are these clothes really comfortable and I need to wear them? Am I just fooling myself thinking I can still wear my regular clothes with a Bella Band? I am all about comfort and what will work best.
Saturday I went through the maternity clothes that I have piled in the spare room since it has been a while since I went through the shirts. Plus Sara had given me a box of stuff I hadnt even opened yet. I tried on a few tops that looked smaller but they still felt so big. I felt like I was wearing a tent. I didnt try on any pants as I know there are a few pairs I may consider wearing this week and had just went through them in the past few weeks. I have secretly been eyeing Jacob's stuff to see if some of his shirts would help in this time but no such luck. His stuff is too big or just not right.
The mornings are the worst for picking out what to wear. My fashion consultants, Jacob and Kona, are still supportive although I am sure they cant wait for me to figure things out myself. I had on 3 different outfits this morning. One outfit was just right but there was a spot on the shirt. One even included a pair of maternity pants. The maternity pants are baggier or have the panel at the top so I need to make sure I wear a longer shirt to cover the top of the pants. Once again that would bring me to maternity shirts which feel like tents. I ended up wearing the trusty Bella Band with a pair of pants that the weeks are numbered with getting away with the Bella and the one button up shirt that I can still wear.
Why cant everyday be the weekend where shorts and T-shirts are it?
Check back later for a picture of me.
4 comments:
Taryn, I was showing at 4 months, but I lost my jeans first. I think they are always the first article to go. Sounds like you're in a limbo stage. I'm sure you'll be full-on maternity very soon.
Laura
The inbetween stage is rough, and what stinks is you'll have it again after the baby comes. (Not pregnant anymore, but not back to pre-baby weight, so old clothes don't fit.) Plus, after you lose weight, your body still isn't the same in the belly region! At least mine isn't!
Give in to the maternity clothes. At least that way people can definately tell that you are pregnant and not just fat. I will never forget the woman at my church who asked me if I was pregnant or had just put on a little weight! Can you imagine!?! All those clothes may seen big now, but before long, little Emmy will be filling them out! Good luck, and by the way...love the Big Juicy Jr.!!!
Valerie
Coudi,
I know nothing about maternity clothes and life before, during, and after pregnancy but I would love to see some pictures of you! You should post some because I know you look super cute prego! Glad to see everything is going so well.
I agree with Val- the in between stage is tough, but also keep in mind that the borrowed stuff you are trying to wear now, we were wearing at the end of our pregnancies (during the spring and summer months)- vs. you at 5 months, so of course they are too big! Hopefully the stuff I gave you yesterday, some of which I wore early on, will help as you continue to "pop" and show, and allow you to feel comfortable and look cute too! -Sara
Post a Comment