I told my manager yesterday that I was 11 weeks pregnant. His response was awesome. He was very happy for me and has offered to work with me as much as he can. He has two girls of his own so he knows what it is like, his are in high school and college bound. He said make sure I take the time I need since when they are little you can get the time back….. I like his thinking and it is nice to have someone like him as my manager. He said not to worry about appointments and we can figure things out with returning to work and maternity leave. He is going to do some research for me to see what my options are. I have heard a woman is not required to return to work full time for up to a year after a new baby at the Bank. All things I don’t know and haven’t been able to find myself yet. Having a baby is something we don’t know what the true impact is going to be so we are exploring all options to find what will work the best.
Jacob is going to talk with his boss to see what kind of options he is going to have for work after the baby. Our goal is to not have the baby in day care and me at home some during the day so I don’t have to feel like a cow hooked up to a milk machine at work all the time.
1 comment:
don't forget about me babysitting
Post a Comment