I haven't posted in a bit, so here is what I got going on. Couple weeks ago I had kidney stones. I've had them before and they're pretty fun. From what I've been told, the pain can be put on the same scale as giving birth. Good. Now I know what Taryn is going to go through. Pretty sure they're gone now but I was also told I have a urinary tract infection as well as streptocaucos (sp?) in my kidneys. Doc said no big deal. They hooked me up with some amoxicillin to clear it up.
We also did the 24hrs of Booty road ride this past weekend. Taryn put in about 15 miles before the rains came. I tried riding through the storm but eventually they kicked me off the course. The rain got so bad that I had trouble breathing due to the amount of water I was breathing in. That combined with riding a road bike through hub deep water, navigating mud slicked roads due to area constructing, dodging lightning bolts, all while riding a road bike, made for an interesting time. I actually enjoyed it. I road till about 9:30 went home, showered, washed my clothes, watched intervention and headed back out the course about 12:30am. I was planning on riding till about 2am, sleeping for a few hours and heading back out to the course. Well I ran into our friend Ben and road with him till about 2 and was going to jump off course and crash for a bit. On our last lap, I ended running into our friend Rich Dillen. Those who don't know Rich, he's a very accomplished endurance mountain bike racer and bike messenger here in Charlotte. He wasn't even signed up to do the ride but just came out to cheer people on and heckle. I road/hung out with Rich till about 5am. We talked about bike warranties, bottled water, diarhea, and life in general. Rich is good people. Check out his blog http://teamdicky.blog.com/ . At 5 I bedded done in the back of Taryn's Pathfinder (glad we bought it) and woke up at about 9:30. Back on the road. Same shorts, same jersey, same socks. I was funky. I road till about 2pm and decided to call it a day. I ended with 168.5 miles, 9.5 hrs of saddle time, averaging 17.5mph. Not bad considering it was only my second time on a bike in 3 weeks due to me being sick.
Taryn and I have been talking about a "push" present for her. We considered a tv, new bike, or a camera. TV? Nah, a tv is a tv. We'll buy a new one when ours breaks. Bike? Nah. If we really want a bike, we'll just buy one. No special occasion needed. Camera? There we go. We've been talking about getting a new, nice, camera for about a year. So yesterday, after much research I pulled the trigger. We ended up getting a Canon Rebel XTI with two lenses, remote flash, bag, cleaning kit, blahblahblah. We figured in the long run it would pay for itself since we can take nice pictures of Emmi on our own. Screw Sears!!!
Now onto other stuff. Emmi and Taryn are getting big. We've past the 6 month mark and are on the home stretch. Taryn was able to feel Emmi's head at the doctor last week which is cool. She also been kicking the crap out of Taryn. She's going to be a wild one. Soon I'll start working on refurbishing the old tricycle I have for her. She's going to be riding before she walks. We've also been talking about how Emmi is going to change things for us. True, there will be changes. But we're going to do our best to not alter our active lifestyle when she shows up. Look at how Taryn is doing now. Over 6 months pregnant, still running, still riding, working out, still staying almost as active as she was before. No waiting on her hand and foot. I love her for that. I was talking to a guy the other day who had a friend who lived a similar lifestyle we do. They made a point of "where ever we go, whatever we do, our child is coming with us". That's how we're going to be. No I can't do this or that because I'm pregnant or because I now have a child. Some who are reading this who now have kids are probably reading this and saying "no way". Why not? Others do it. Just takes some commitment. I don't want Emmi to be a sheltered child. One that only knows mom and dad and the day care provider. I want her to experience as much as possible as soon as possible.
On to Kona. Kona rules. He's been sleeping on our bed all night. He's still attached to Taryn. Still wanting peanut butter all the time. Still trying to eat squirrels. Still wanting his belly rubbed. Still pathetic. One of our next purchases is going to be another dog bed, blanket and pillow for Em's room. I have a feeling that once she shows up, he's going to be more attached to her than he is us.
No comments:
Post a Comment