Friday, August 24, 2007

Dr Appt & time to alter activities

Stats for this week are I have put on a total of 18 pounds. Emerson's heartbeat was 150. No issues with my sugar test last time. No proteins or sugar in my urine either. My belly measured right on target.

This doctor was better able to explain my hip issue. She said basically my hips twist and turn while running and stresses the cartilage that cushions the bones and the bones where I am feeling the pain. She said to keep running if I am able to manage it but look at cross training with biking or swimming since there isn't anything she is aware of to stop my hips from flexing. She highly suggested me stop riding my bike outside just for safety reasons. :^( Looks like the trainer bike will be my friend for a while which will allow me to catch up on reading. Anyone wanna come over for trainer races???? :^) I may do some laps or kicking at the pool in our development. Kona and I will stick to walks with an occasional run and I have yoga a few times a week. Still plenty of activities I can do.

The doctor does not want me to stop any of my exercise activities other wise. She said exercise is good all around. Like Emmi and myself being healthier, having a better delivery, and our weights will remain at a good level. She said my exercise will keep Emmi's weight at a good if not lower weight, but not a bad lower weight. More of a healthy weight. Sounds good to me.

I still have an odd view of myself. I dont feel all that big yet, if you look at my pics I certainly am showing. But I really dont feel it. Except when Emmi's head is under my ribs. Or Jacob gives me a hung and the belly makes us hug like 7th graders at a dance with the space. I think that being able to remain as active as I have with very minimal issues that pregnacy has been really enjoyable for me. It is crazy that I only have about 8-12 weeks left.

My next appt is on September 7th for more of the same.

No comments: