Not sure if all of you know our history so I am posting this up so everyone will know. Once upon a time many years ago….. Jacob and I both attended the same high school, Gardner High School. We hung out with the same circle of friends when I was a sophomore and he was a senior. I was lucky to have the “reasonable hour” on when I needed to be home so I hung out with the seniors since they were the only ones to stay out as late as I could. We ended up dating through the winter for 4 months. But I wasn’t ready for a boyfriend so it ended in February 1993. I just wanted to have fun and hang out with my friends and I am sure Jacob could add to this. :^) I still went to his senior prom. The following year he would then give me a ride home many days after school since he was there to pick up his brother while he attended the local community college, MWCC, at the time. He transferred to the local state school, Fitchburg State College, so I didn’t see him during my senior year. After my senior year I went to Westfield State College. I then transferred to Assumption College for my sophomore year of college. That is where our history picks up again.
I was home at Christmas break, hanging out in a local bar watching a band that my friends and I would follow, Mocha Java. Jacob was there that night and wanted to make sure I got home safe so he gave me a ride. We ended up talking a good part of the night. We hung out a few more nights after that before I went back to school. Shelley Morris was a senior at Assumption who was also a friend of Jacob’s. During that semester he and his friends would visit her often and always call me when he was up there. Funny how that worked out. Once the semester was over I returned home for the summer. I think we hung out almost everyday that summer. Jacob worked building swimming pools and worked long hard days. I waited tables so I would get off work at 10pm. Yet we still always hung out. I often times fell asleep at his place to wake up in the early morning hours when he would have to head to work and I got to go back to sleep. As the summer was coming to an end and I was getting ready to head back to school we decided we would make it official that we were a couple. That day was August 11th 1997.
We continued our relationship for my next two years with Jacob coming to visit or me going home many weekends. Then once I graduated I returned back home. We experienced many things during this time, from college graduations, to job changes, to lay offs, to purchasing a house, to sick grandparents, to just being adults. We moved into my grandparent’s house in the winter of 2002. I then purchased the house in the spring of 2003. That is the point in time I started to think that maybe we should get married. Then on my birthday in 2003 Jacob proposed before work. I had been house sitting for the Walsh’s and was returning home that morning to bring all my stuff back since that was my last night. He surprised me with the ring. I kind of knew it was coming but never expected it that morning. We decided to get married the following year in August. After a tough year for me with losing both my Dad’s parents it got much better… Sure enough August 21st 2004 we got married at Holy Spirit Church in Gardner by Stan Baczewski. It was a very special day since Stan is Jacob’s best friend’s dad and we were surrounded by all our friends and family. It poured that day but it still was one of the best days ever. Our reception was at Alpine Grove which was altered slightly due to the rain so the outdoor grounds were unable to be used.
The winter of 2004/2005 was not fun in regards to the amount of snow we got. We decided to look at moving south so when we came to NC for Benjamin’s baptism we went house hunting. We put an offer on a house which fell through. Then my mom and I came to find another one and put an offer down. So in the spring of 2005 we sold a house, bought a house and in June 2005 we officially made Matthews, NC our new home. That is what brings us here today….
For some statistics….. Jacob and I have known each other for approximately 15 years or half my life. We have been an official couple for 10 years. We have been married for 3 years. Now we have baby on the way.
Happy Anniversary buddy. I love you!
1 comment:
Congratulations!! What a story! I am so excited for you both. Yall have a great love and are just about to add a whole other level to it with Emmi!
Post a Comment