Thursday, December 13, 2007

Home alone

Taryn took a night to go to dinner with some friends. That left Emmi, daddy, and Kona to fend for themselves. What are we going to do? This was actually the third time all alone with Emmi as Taryn went for a haircut this past weekend. However, this would be the first time Emmi got a bottle. She has been a trooper up until now having gone 3 weeks without being fed.........

Anyway, she started sleeping but awoke a bit cranky about 20 minutes after Taryn left. Since I was born with superior parenting skills, I acted swiftly. I held her as she was sitting in her chair as I dismembered a turkey. I tested for hunger. She was hungry. I warmed a pre-prepared bottle. We were a little concerned as to how she would do with a bottle............no need for concern. She sucked down 4oz like a rabid wolverine. I guess going 3 weeks without being fed will do that to a person. She finished the bottle and I burped her. Expecting to have to prepare another bottle from the way she ate like a wombat suffering from tape worm, I went to the kitchen to take out another. From the time I walked from the livingroom to the kitchen, she was out like a light. She pretty much slept for the next 5 or so hours.....

So once again, I showed my supreme fathering skills.

No comments: