We saw Dr Parrish today. She was a little fussy during the visit because she didn't eat enough before we left the house. Emmi weighed in at 10lbs 2.5 ounces. She was 22 inches long with a head circumference of 38cm's. Since I intend to breast feed for as long as I can they said that she should take a vitamin since she wont get vit D from me. She also has a rash on her face so we will be putting hydro cortisone cream on it to help it go away.
We are very pleased because the doctors office is willing to work with us on an alternative vaccine schedule. It may require a bit more work in regards to tracking down vaccines and money on our part due to more doctors visits but well worth it in our opinion.
Overall she is doing well. The doc suggested we start helping Emmi soothe herself. So far she often falls asleep in our arms or while feeding. The doctor said to let her cry for up to 15 minutes. I think I will be breaking out the Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child book tonight.
We will be going back on January 18th for her next check up.
No comments:
Post a Comment