Last night Taryn went out for her first ride since having Emmi. That meant daddy was going to be home alone. Taryn was freaking out a bit since she has not left Emmi's side since she came into the world. Me? I was overwhelmed with confidence. I had a plan. If she was hungry, I would feed her a bottle as Taryn has been pumping a bit. If she got fussy and didn't want to eat, I would snuggly her. If that didn't work, I would put her in Taryn's truck and close the garage so I couldn't hear her (*please note that I am joking). All started well. Emmi was hanging out in her seat, sleeping away. Then it started. She got a little fussy and didn't want to eat. So I held her and walked around a bit. About this time, my work phone rang. At the same time I answered, she ramped up her fussiness. I asked the user to hang on a second so I could put her in snuggli. As I was putting her in snuggli, my cell phone rang. It was my best friend Phil's dad who is a Deacon and is doing Emmi's Baptism. Since I've been trying to get a hold of him for a couple weeks, I really needed to talk to him. So I answered while trying to get a crazy Emmi in Snuggli. Finished my conversation with him and remembered I still had a user on the phone. Emmi ramped it back up on queue as I started to talk to the user again. I had to yell into the phone so he could hear me over Emmi's crying and my laughing as I found amusement in the situation. No sooner did I start talking to the user did the doorbell ring. It's the UPS man!!!! Yeah!!!! He was delivering my new bike fork that I've been waiting for for months. Had the user hold again. Our UPS guy stops at our house at least once a week and is a cool dude so I had to have a converstion with him. In my excitement, I forgot I had a user on hold. Luckily he's one that I speak to on a regular basis and is a good guy and could understand my craziness. So, I finished with the user, talked to Phils dad, signed for a package I've been waiting for for months, and comforted my daughter into a state of quiet bliss. What was Kona doing the whole time you ask? Sleeping on the couch. I think I got this daddy stuff down.
Taryn's ride was good and I was really happy to see her get out. She didn't feel too well when she got home. Seemed to be a migraine type thing she has had in the past. Probably due to she hasn't done any riding since having Emmi. So while she wasn't feeling well I tended to Emmi and even managed to change her into her pajama's on my own!!!! An accomplishment in itself.
And how is Kona? He's adjusting pretty well. During the day he still fights for Taryn's attention since he's used to being an only child. Yesterday he also snagged his first poopy baby wipe and ran around the house with it. That makes me think.........what is it with dogs and poo and just eating gross things in general? Kona has eaten goose poo on many occasion, cat poo, dear intenstines(which gave him lead poisoning), and there was the day I had to chase him around the yard with a decomposed squirrel in his mouth. Imagine if people were like this.
"Hey Jim, what do you have for lunch today?"
"Well, I'm starting with an appetizer of goose feces and having rotten chipmunk for my entree"
"Sounds good. Sally and I had rabbit entrail stew with litter box crisp for dessert last night."
Dogs are weird......
PS: Emmi's Baptism is going to be Dec. 30 at 11am at Holy Spirit Church in Gardner Ma.
1 comment:
Jacob.. I just laughed so hard at this.. thanks for ending my work day on a fun note.. you handled it well my friend, but that could have been a comedy sketch!! Your daughter is beautiful!! - Peter
Post a Comment