Thursday, July 26, 2007

Doctors visit...

Stats from the visit. I put on a total of 15 pounds so far. Doc said I am right at text book weight of where I should be at this time. Emerson's heart was beating at 152 beats a minute. I measured just over 25 cms. He answered all my questions. This visit was much better and I really liked him.

In regards to biking he said he wont tell me to stop doing anything but will just advise me not to do anything where I could fall. So I chucked since I told him I had tripped while running. He said my body will tell me when to stop or change activities. When I start to feel beat up from running or biking then it is not worth doing and to switch to more walking, yoga, and lifting weights. Perfect I can handle that. Jacob and I have talked more about me continuing to ride and have decided that I am going to take it week by week. So I am not stopping as of yet. I will be out riding the 24 hours of Booty this weekend. Hoping to get in 30 miles but we will see.

The coolest thing about the appt was I could feel her head. He was feeling around my belly a bit and asked if I wanted to feel it. With his help, he placed my hands on either side of her head. It was about the size of a baseball or so. Her head is at the top right now which is no concern until she is like 36 weeks. Hopefully she doesn't move too much today so when I get home from work Jacob can feel it too.

He said they consider me in my 3rd trimester now since there is a survival rate if Emmi were to be born this early. Crazy at how time flies..... My next appointment is on August 15th where I will have the blood glucose screening done. After that it will be every 2 weeks.