I am now 23 weeks pregnant.
FITNESS: I took in that Get Fit class. What a great class with weight lifting and stretches which resulted in being a little sore despite biking and running still. I cant make the class during the week unless I can come up with a great excuse to have to leave work on Wednesday's at 10 for an hour. I may try to lift a bit when Jacob does. I have hit 2 yoga classes as well. We have suggested they try a Get Fit class at night during the week so I am hoping the schedule will change for August. I have signed up for Yoga at least twice a week for the rest of the month. I will try to keep that going until the end of my pregnancy.
REGISTRY: We went to Babies R Us to register for baby goods. I had read a book called Baby Bargains by Denise & Alan Fields which is like a consumer reports and mom's opinions on what to get. As we walked around I had that book with me so I think we got all the basics covered. It is very overwhelming to see all this stuff and trying to figure out what is really needed and must haves versus the fluffy stuff. If any mom or dad out there sees stuff that are must haves that we missed please let me know. :^) We didnt register for a diaper bag as we want to get a custom laptop bag from timbuk2.com. I didnt register for a jogger as I am still looking for a good one for our use meaning running and going on trails. Bob and Dreamer are suppose to be "the" brands so I have catalogs coming to compare. A pack and play we have one covered. Then we have two gates from when we got Kona which he agreed to give Emmi although our house isnt easy to block off so it will just be for the stairs.
MATERNITY LEAVE & RETURNING: I had a brief conversation with my boss about maternity leave and when I return. Luckily there is a program rolling out for people working full time from home. I did express to my boss that I will be looking to do that next year when I return. We also have a great thing within my company called back up day care so if I need to be in the office I can make arrangements to bring Emerson to their day care. It is 5 star, and it is first come first serve but you can call in advance to set up a day. In regards to maternity leave, I hope to be out 12 weeks. Due to the timing of when Emmi is due, my leave could push into 2008. Since I only get 8 weeks paid leave I am looking at creative ways of covering the last 4 weeks paid like vacation time, etc. All this was just some initial conversations with my boss and he was going to research some information for me. Hopefully in the next month or so we will have things set more in stone.
BAPTISM: We also have tentatively set up the Baptism of Emerson to take place over Christmas in Gardner. If things work out we will have her baptism at the same church, Holy Spirit, we were married performed by Stan. Stan is Jacob's best friends dad who also married us. Still have some leg work to make it all happen but that is at least what we are targetting. This also means anyone in MA around Christmas will get to meet the little one.
My belly is getting a bit bigger now. The picture Jacob took this morning doesnt show it well so we will have to try again later. I hope to post one up in the next few days.
2 comments:
should i be booking flight tickets?
you coming up for the christening? i can bring a bike up for you too
Post a Comment