Sunday, October 21, 2007

Oh so close




Yeah, we're getting pretty close. Taryn is starting to nest, although she'll deny it. Cleaning, organizing. I think Emmi will be here next weekend. But who knows. A guy at work's wife went a week early, anothers wife went a week late. Taryn is also looking at the cycles of the moon. I think she gets mad at me because I'm not really interested in the cycles of the moon and all these other things that will determine when Emmi will be born. Me? I like to take things as they come. I'm prepared for the birthing part and am confident that I'll be fine and will be able to help Taryn through. She was mentioned some of the not so glamorous parts of labor and she gets upset with me since I really don't want to hear about them. I've heard about them, I know what is going to happen, and I feel bad that she has to experience some of these things, which is the main reason I don't want to hear about them. I don't want her to have to experience pain or any of the other things that goes along. Thinking about my wife, whom I love, experiencing pain, without me being able to help upsets me. So I like to focus on the oh so many great things that we're going to experience that day. The firts time I'll see Taryn hold her daughter, the first time I'll get to hold my daughter. Those are the things I like to focus on.




Anyway. Taryn took nesting to a whole new level last week. She mowed the lawn. And we also put the car seat in her vehicle today and I got my hospital bag together........we're getting there.


2 comments:

John said...

Oh, Jacob, your comment about not being able to help while Taryn is in pain is not correct. I spoke with Taryn about labor pain and how it gets a little out of control at times. The best thing you can do for her is to focus on her pain so that when she feels like she cannot handle it anymore, you can help to calm her down and breath through it. I know you'll be an awesome coach and you can do it!
-Laura H.

Anonymous said...

Ah, very sweet Jacob. Hey, I'm still in for the "game". I said a girl - correct. Now if she just waits until next Sat...