Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Are babies icky????

Let me preface this by telling you how excited I am. As you may know Taryn has felt the baby kick. When she first told me this it brought a tear to my eye. It made me happy. Very happy. I can't wait till we have the baby.

But I am a bit worried. Not about whether we'll be good parents and whatnot. Because we will be. But about the whole delivery thing. Taryn is looking into classes we should take about birth and whatnot. Now, I'm not very good with blood and guts type stuff. I've been asking if there was a class we could take without icky baby stuff. Is there? And what about when its time for Taryn to actually give birth? Do I actually have to see that stuff? Do I have to cut the ambillical(sp?) cord? Why can't I have a baby that comes out all clean wearing a bonnet and pajama's with feet in them? What if I pass out? What if I throw up? "Hi baby. Nice to meet you. I'm your daddy........*insert vomit noise*". What kind of first impression would that be to my child? What kind of complex would that give her? She would probably think something like....".....great. First time my dad see's me he throws up. Going to be a long 18 years....". I'm so stressed.

So these are the things I worry about. Not being a bad parent or the "life change". I know we will be good parents and Kona will be a good sibling. Yeah our lives will change. But it will only be for the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacob, you'll be fine with the icky stuff, but let me warn you. They are covered with a thick white pasty coating and sometimes a little blood! Even being the mom, I am totally grossed out by it. Matt was under strict orders to make sure the baby wasn't handed to me until it was kinda cleaned up a bit! Matt did great both times, and if he can, you definitely can! Love you both!

Anonymous said...

YES it's very icky! But kind of cool at the same time. But as you know, I enjoy the blood and guts stuff. Just DONT watch HER crown. You will never look at the "flower" the same way.
You WILL want to cut the cord. I didnt have a chance with our first (complications during birth) but I did with ou last. Cool stuff!