I am officially moving into my second trimester this week. Things are continuing to be great although I have that stupid lower back pain again. When I had gone to the dr he said if I can press on it and cause pain it is muscle. If not then it may be a pinched nerve. I cant seem to cause pain by pressing on it so I am assuming it is nerve. It hurts particularly when I go from sitting to standing or vice versa. It slowly gets worse as the day goes on. In researching online it says just keep staying active, take Tylenol at least that is the only thing I can take, and heat. I will be starting the regimen of trying to keep all that going as otherwise it could be a long 26 weeks of having pain.
Our weekend in the mountains at our friends wedding was a great time. I was a dancing queen and many of my dirt diva friends were getting a kick out of it. Some even said I had good moves. I think their drunken goggles may have construed things. :^) The massage I got while there was awesome. I never had a massage with hot stones and it was nice. Kona and I ended up hiking up a hill and running down a couple days for exercise.
This weekend I am running in a 5K race. My boss at work had tried to get a group together to run so I said sure. Of course I wont be racing, I figured I would just jump in the back and just run. It is on the greenway that is near my bro's house so I may have a cheering section.
My cousins wife sent me the instructions for the baby quilt she made. (Thanks Val!!) I am going to head to Michael's or AC Moore this weekend to see if there are other quilts that I like but I am leaning towards attempting this one. My mom will be down on the 13th so she can help me pick out fabric. I need to get moving on this stuff as the time will fly by.
I think that is about all we have going on. The baby's status for this week is he is about the size of a large plum, weighing less than 1 ounce and measuring anywhere from 2.6 to 4 inches. Despite the small proportions, he is a fully formed baby. Much more proportional than it was a few weeks ago, his head is now only about a third the size of his body. His tiny, unique fingerprints are already in place. His kidneys and urinary tract are functional, and he's starting to urinate out the amniotic fluid he's been swallowing.
2 comments:
Hi guys! Just caught up on like 3 weeks of your blogs! I love that you guys are doing this, makes me feel like we aren't so far away from eachother... anyways... love you both with all my heart...
xoxo
Tio Peter
yeh baby -- making fingers and toes!
Post a Comment