Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dr & Potty Training

Had my doc appt this week. For my stats I actually lost a pound this week so am up 20 pounds and the baby's heartbeat was 152. At my last appt I had tested positive for Group B Strep, which is a bacteria that anyone can have with no signs or symptoms. They just get concerned when an expecting mom has it since it can get passed to the baby. Of course this was a curve ball that I wasnt prepared for since I plan to labor naturally again and part of the plan was to stay at home as long as I could. The way the hospital treats the GBS is I have to get 2 doses of antibiotics, if I dont then we have to stay for 48 hours so the baby can be observed. In chatting with my doc today he answered all my questions and basically said if I get there in time for the antibiotics, great, if not then the risk is very very low for a full term baby to get sick from GBS so dont lose sleep over it. That definitely helps put my mind at ease. Memere gets here today and all the rooms upstairs are 98% done so we are good to go whenever since I will be 39 weeks on Thursday. :)

Then on to Emmi. She is potty training. While I was upstairs putting her bookshelf together over the weekend she came downstairs and went pee pee on her potty. Then yelled to me. That day she continued to use the potty with only one accident at the end of the day when we didnt make it to the big potty in enough time. So we ordered another potty to leave upstairs to try to prevent that again. She is not using the potty consisently and we are letting her lead on if she wants a diaper, pull up, panties or commando for the day. But she definitely seems to get it and no matter what she has on she seems to be able to work with it to make it if she chooses. Her classmate in school is also in the middle of potty training so her teacher said if we put her in pull ups she would definitely take her to the potty since last week Emmi asked to go when her classmate did although she didnt do anything. Her currency is chocolate so when she goes at home she gets to have a piece. We are definitely letting her lead the way completely for this but please keep your fingers crossed for us that the success continues.

No comments: