Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dr Visit- 4 month check-up

Emmi's stats are: 15lbs 6 1/4 ounce, 24 1/2 inches & head circumference 42 cm's. Compared to last time she didn't grow in inches but I think they messed up at the last visit since the doctor had remeasured her head at that visit....

The doctor gave her a good bill of health. We still didn't vaccinate. I just didn't feel comfortable as there has been a new case where a girl in GA's autism was linked to vaccines and an underlying health issue. Jacob and I have talked our new strategy through so we are going to revise our original plan slightly and also go to a new doctors office.

We were told that Emmi can start on solid foods. Although I may hold off a little longer as I don't think I am quite ready for all that. I have to go out and get the "Super Baby Food" book by Ruth Yaron, a mini food processor, and some ice cube trays so we can start as we intend to make her food. Plus she isn't quite able to sit up in her high chair. Nor do I want my little baby to grow up so fast. :^)

Time is flying by as it has been just about a year since we started this blogging adventure and spreading the news of our pregnancy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you in regards to the vaccines. There was just an article on the news about the Health Department reevaluating the safety of childhood vaccines. This is not new news! A good many children in this country have excellent medical care! Why do so many children in this country have so many illnesses. Autism, ADD, respiratory problems, allergies, seizures, learning disabilities. The list could go on and on. Why are Doctors so adament on no smoking, no drinking, no drugs and so on all through a pregnancy yet when the baby is less than 24 hours old they start injecting drugs into the child. Once the damage is done it is too late to change! You both should be commended on researching before you follow through!