Monday, September 10, 2007

Hospital Tour & Busy week @ 32 weeks

We went for the hospital tour yesterday at Presbyterian in Matthews. I was definitely impressed. Some of the things that impressed me were: they have a Jacuzzi tub in every room, Wifi so Jacob can stay on top of the bike forums while I am in labor, joking as he better not. Really it will be great because we can log in to Sirius radio for a large music selection opposed to bringing in a bunch of CD’s. We can email pics or update the blog immediately so Jacob won’t have to run home to do that. Some rooms have DVD players and all rooms have TV’s. All rooms have a balcony which I think is awesome to be able to sit out there to get some fresh air, although Emmi won’t be allowed. The only draw back is they said no beer. That is one thing I have been craving while pregnant which is kinda odd since I really only drink a handful of times a year. But I do have a Wachusett Country Ale waiting for celebration. The babies stay in the room with you at all times except at night. That is the only time we have the option of using the nursery to send the baby out. They also give you a terry cloth robe which is the parting gift.

Tomorrow night we have breastfeeding class which I hope to learn a lot from. Thursday Kona is going in for surgery. He has a growth on his anus which needs to be removed. He also has a skin tag on his eye lid that they will take care of. I think I will need to warn the vet that a pregnant woman will be dropping him off since I am a little hormonal or maybe sleep deprived lately and can cry over nothing. It does make it nice because I will be working from home Thursday and Friday just to keep an eye on him. Friday night and Saturday we have baby class. Busy week.

I am 32 weeks pregnant or now 8 months. Sleep is becoming something of a challenge. Some nights I sleep quite well. But then other nights I struggle all night with staying asleep. It isn’t because I am uncomfortable, it is more my mind just being active. Jacob caught some wrath on Saturday night when at 3am I couldn’t sleep so I got up in tears to get on the computer to occupy my time. I guess this is only helping him prepare for how insane I may be during labor. :^)

My hips are still sore but manageable again since resting up all week. I did run on Saturday morning with Kona before going to yoga. I was very sore that night but then Sunday I felt the normal just awareness of mild hip pain. I have noticed that some poses in yoga I cant do comfortably anymore so the instructor gave me some options. Kona is not allowed to go for walks off leash until his stitches come out so that means a good week or two of me not running with him. Looks like it will be me running by myself or hoping on the trainer bike which will again hopefully rest my hips.

No comments: