Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rocking it

Each afternoon when we have time we try to get out and about.  Emmi has been doing awesome at riding her bike.  Here she is riding along in the neighborhood.

Then we went to Beatty recently hiking in the woods to the creek.
Emmi loves to sing and dance so she entertains us while we hang out at the creek.
Marli likes to dance as well of course.

Murph had a great time chasing stick.  He did really well being off leash and staying right with us.  Even with bikers riding by on occasion since he isnt a huge fan of bikes.
Here is our self portrait.

I have taken on a diet change to try to get to the idea of fueling my body with food opposed to eating just to eat/taste something. Basically I am doing an elimination diet following the Whole 30, so no added sugar of any kind real or artificial, alcohol, grains, legumes, dairy, additives like carrageenan, MSG or sulfites, white potatoes, soy, etc. 
So what do I eat?  Real food – meat, seafood, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats from fruits, oils, nuts and seeds.  I have had fun since I have been seeking new recipes to cook up and love my Well Fed cookbook by Melissa Joulwan.  It definitely has helped me learn some things about my diet.  Like I definitely need some sugar as that has been my biggest struggle as the sugar from fruit is not enough with all this between being moody or shorter tolerance for things.  I have one week left before I start to introduce things back.  Right now I have no desire to add back dairy, grains, added sugar in things like salsa/spaghetti sauce, etc, legumes, limiting the additives as much as possible.  
Will post back on how things go as I learn more about this.

No comments: