Thursday, September 18, 2008

Emmi turns 10 (mos) today!!!!

Today is Emmi's 10 month birthday. The other night Taryn was mentioning how she's jealous of people that we know having easier times than us with a new born. I was in the middle of working out so I didn't have a whole lot of time to think about the hardtimes we had. So in the 30 seconds of rest from me trying to do more damage to my joints, I thought about it...........What I came up with was only two "tough" nights. The first was the second night Emmi was home with us. Nothing real exciting. She just didn't want to go to sleep. Finally, Emmi and I were able to put Taryn down and get some sleep about 5am. The second time was when we had gone home for xmas last year. We were staying at my aunts and Emmi was a little off having been in a car for 12 hours. Taryn looked at it as screwing up Emmi's schedule. I looked at it as a test to see how tough Pumpkin was (she was only 5 weeks). She passed the test. She was so excited when I told her she passed, she proceeded to projectile vomit all over Taryn. Taryn thought it was gross. I looked a it as a badge of honor. If I were Taryn, I wouldn't have washed that shirt. I would have formed it into some sort of baby-vomit mache mural in honor of Emmi. I would have then placed it on our front lawn, lawn jockey style. Passer-by's would realize the baby puking power that lives at the twelve-oh-seven.

We have since graduated from baby vomit and runny poo's to solid poo's and eating oatmeal cookies whole. Not sure what the next 2 month's will bring. That's right all you math geniuses, in 2 month's Emmi will be 1. I think she'll be walking by then. And when I say walking, I really mean pillaging small villages.

That being said......happy birthday Pumpkin!!

No comments: