Well, Taryn, Emmi, Kona and I are pleased to announce that more babies have entered our lives. No not human babies, but baby bunnies! A couple weeks ago we noticed a rabbit in our front yard digging a hole. Odd I thought. A couple days past and I was out mowing the lawn. Once I got near where the rabbit was digging, I noticed the ground moving. I removed the grass that was there and there were 4 baby bunnies. No hair, ears still down and they were fumbling around each other. We check on them every day. Yesterday, Kona decided to check. The bunnies, all furry and able to hop about, got a little freaked out and took off. We were able to capture 2 and put them back in their burrow. (EDIT: another one made its way home so there are 3 now) It's funny, one decided to leave the burrow today, hop around the yard a bit, and then returned to the burrow. We think momma bunny comes late at night as the bunnies don't appear to be hungry. Very docile to the point we can pick them up. Have a look:
No comments:
Post a Comment