Sunday, March 30, 2014

March backwards, hmmmmm

Since this is usually about the kids lets start it off with the parents.  Here is Jacob and I at the gym finishing our last workout for the 2014 Crossfit Open.  Basically what it is a 5 week competition where people from around the world perform a workout a week and then get ranked.  This was the last one where Jacob and I went head to head.  He beat me by just over a minute at 14:34 while I was 15:40.  But we both ended up first men and women for the people at our gym competing.  Not bad for a couple people in their 30's going against younger people in their 20's.  

 Grandpa came for a visit finally since he hadnt been here in well over a year.  But since the weather was rainy we headed to Discovery Place for some fun.



 Emmi completed her walk with 26 or 28 laps but she will tell you 30.  My kid loved the water stops but did a great job.  We were rebels as we tie dyed her shirt so she stood out instead of the sea of white shirts like everyone else.

 I always love downloading pictures from my phone as you never know what you will get.  Here is a selfie by them.

 This was a silly picture since Moo claimed she didnt have a mustache where we took a picture to try to prove it to her.
Then for some good news I have landed a job back at the same company that laid me off.... go figure.  The best part is they are going to let me work from home again.  Whooooo hooooooo!!!!!  The group typically does not have people working from home full time but they are making an exception for me.  Unlike my last team since they did I only appeared in the office once every six months or so unless a meeting came up.  This group I am am going to go in at least once a month for at least half day since they are making this happen for me.  Since I am back where I was I basically just look at it as I have been on a forced 7 week vacation since I get to keep all my years of service, etc.  So only one week left to finish that house project list I started barely.

No comments: