Saturday, June 23, 2012

Blackberry/Blueberries

As a mom who isnt good at playing Barbies or Polly Pockets, I hope the adventures we go on will serve as good memories.  Today I took the girls blueberry and blackberry picking.  I grew up going berry picking with my mom and Gram with fond memories.  The blueberries were picked over so as it got hotter the girls were done with it.  We stumbled upon the blackberry place it was much better.  Those bushs grow up trellis's and there were plenty to be had.  We ended up with 2 gallons of blackberries and 3.5 pounds of blueberries.  Think I may try making some jelly if we dont eat them all.


The Christmas present of the jeep has paid off.  Instead of me pushing a kid, holding the hand of another while walking the dog, think 3 ring circus all in one, the girls drive off into the sunset while Murph and I follow along.  It makes it so much easier and enjoyable by all.


No comments: